The best knife for cutting raw meat is highly sought after by almost every home cook and a professional cook. It’s no doubt that knives are among the most regularly used kitchen tools. However, not all knives are the same, they come in different shapes and sizes, and each type is designed for a particular purpose. This leads to a question: what is considered the most appropriate knife to cut raw meat? Let’s find out with Bourbon O in the following article.
Table of Contents
- How can you choose the best knife for cutting raw meat?
- Best knife for cutting raw meat – 5 top picks
- FAQs related to the best knife for cutting raw meat
How can you choose the best knife for cutting raw meat?
To pick the most suitable knife used for cutting through uncooked meat, there are some criteria that you need to consider:
- The material: German Rockwell, Japanese steel, carbon steel, stainless steel…
- The length of the knife: Usually ranging from 8 – 12″ long
- Type of edges: Serrated, Hollow Ground, Granton, straight edge
- Knife grip: Choosing based on your hand size or level of comfort
- Hand protection: This factor is important for the newcomers who are getting used to cooking
Best knife for cutting raw meat – 5 top picks
Zelite Infinity Boning Knife
- MOST VERSATILE CHEFS KNIFE AVAILABLE: The most Versatile Chef’s Knife that you will Ever Own! So Easy to Handle...
- PREMIUM JAPANESE STEEL – BUILT TO LAST: Imported Japanese AUS10 Super Steel with 67-layer High Carbon Stainless...
- STUNNING TRIPLE RIVETED, ROUNDED HANDLE: This is what Differentiates Zelite Knives from the Competition – Our...
Cutting through thin raw meat won’t cause you any trouble with this Zelite boning knife. The most important characteristic of this tool lies in its compact size while maintaining a high operational capacity. This knife can help you separate joints, process the whole chicken or fillets, and remove silver skin or Brisket fat.
The knife is also rusted and stain resistant, thanks to the nitro cooling technique used in making the blades. This is a crucial factor that helps to expand the knife’s useful life and reduce the need for edge sharpening.
The knife also has a rounded handle integrated with many useful features. The full-tang handle also makes this Zelite knife stronger and more durable. The handle is equipped with a metal rivet that helps avoid slipping and gives you a dependable grip.
DALSTRONG Butcher & Breaking Knife
- A welcome addition to any butcher or serious chef’s arsenal, the Dalstrong Gladiator Series 10” professional...
- The curved blade is designed to create leverage, and complete cuts in a single motion without sawing. The knife is...
- Unrivalled Performance: Offering two individual, whetstones for precision sharpening, constructed of top-grade...
This professional butcher & breaking knife is specially made for busy butchers as it offers high sharpness and quality to boost the cutting speed. With this knife, you can slice through different kinds of steaks in the blink of an eye.
This best knife for cutting raw meat has a curved blade, making it possible for multiple cutting purposes. Most importantly, the twisted design of the knife requires way less execution force, which also means no hand fatigue. Now pro butchers can easily break cartilage, cut through thick pieces of beef, or fat-trimming without stickiness. The presence of divots on the knife contributes to avoiding friction, adhesion, or sawing.
Mac Mighty Pro Chef’s Knife
- 2.5mm blade. The added dimples help the knife to glide through sticky foods such as potatoes, apples, and summer...
- Lightweight. Knife Length- 12.63 inches
- Pakka wood handle. Blade thickness - 2.5 mm
As the name suggested, this Mac Mighty knife is specially designed for professional chefs. It has fairly lightweight, with high cutting efficiency and operational ability. The blade is only 2.5mm. Nevertheless, its sturdiness is sufficient to help you cut through a wide range of meat.
The knife also comes with razor-sharp edges, allowing users to chop through meat or chop off limbs. This tool also requires less force, and at the same time, it gives a comfortable feel when cutting. You can use this knife from Mac Mighty for hours without experiencing any hand fatigue.
Victorinox Swiss Slicing Knife
- ESSENTIAL CARVING KNIFE. A versatile slicing knife that carves roasts, poultry, and fish faster with a round tip...
- SLICE WITH PRECISION. With a long and narrow shape and a razor sharp edge, this durable knife can slice through...
- EASY HANDLING. This knife features an ergonomic Fibrox Pro handle for a non-slip grip -- even when wet. This...
If you’re searching for a special knife to carve and slice meat, this Victorinox Swiss knife couldn’t be a more excellent option. Its round tip combined with a Granton blade makes it easier to cut different kinds of meat.
Victorinox’s knife comes with a simple meat-cutting operation, especially when you use it for small to medium pieces of meat. The cutting edge of this best knife for cutting raw meat comes in a narrow shape and is super sharp. As a result, the users won’t have to put in as much force as needed when cutting with heavy blades.
This knife also features the Fibrox Pro handle, cutting raw meat with just a swift shot. This type of handle is also anti-slip. You can utilize the knife the way you want without it slipping off your hands. The tool also has a perfect overall balanced weight.
Related article: Making “blooming onion” by Great American Steakhouse onion machine
TUO Cutlery Cleaver Knife
- PROFESSIONAL CLEAVER KNIFE: TUO vegetable cleaver featured curved blade profile, the sharp tip can cut up...
- WELL DESIGNED: From the striking grain of the polished pakkawood handle to the gentle curve of the blade, this is...
- SUPER STEEL: Forged with premium High Carbon German Stainless steel DIN:1.4116 (X50CrMoV15), this Chinese chef’s...
TUO Cutlery Cleaver Knife is definitely a top-notch choice that features AUS-10 steel. It’s a high-quality steel with extreme durability and sturdiness, which allows you to cut raw chicken breast with no hassle.
The knife consists of multiple soft layers, enhancing its lifespan and desirability. Moreover, this knife is hand sharpened by experts using a special technique called Honbazuke. It’s an 18-degree honing method that contributes to the knife’s high cutting efficiency.
This TUO cleaver knife is also equipped with a perfect handle made from top-quality wood. The full tang design won’t cause the end-users any problem handling the knife.
What knife is suitable to cut raw meat?
The appropriate knife to cut raw meat usually comes in 10 to 12″ length and wide blades. Knives that are smaller in size are made to remove bones and fats.
What knife is used by pro butchers?
Butchers utilize different kinds of knives, such as steak knives, boning knives, chef knives, carving knives, and cleaver knives… depending on the type of meat.
What knife is used to cut raw chicken?
Raw chicken should be cut by a boning knife, as this knife features an appropriate thickness and curve.
What is a slicing knife used for?
A slicing knife always comes with thin and long blades. It’s mostly utilized for cutting vegetables, fruits, and roasts.
Hopefully, the detailed guide above will help you choose the best knife for cutting raw meat. Picking a suitable knife will help you avoid the struggle when cutting through different kinds of meat. It’s also important to determine beforehand for what purpose you’ll use the tool. Check out Bourbon O’s website for more useful related topics!