Starbucks Snowman Cookie recipe emerges among the most searched recipes on the Internet every Christmas season. These shortbread will definitely steal your hearts as they’re super adorable and amazingly delicious. Eager to learn how to make cute Starbucks snowman cookies? The recipe below will provide you with the step-by-step guidance!
Table of Contents
- Flour (2 c)
- Baking powder (1 tsp)
- Vanilla (1 tbsp)
- Powdered sugar (3/4 c)
- Room temperature unsalted butter (1 c)
Step 1: Prepare a mixing bowl and mix together powdered sugar and unsalted butter. Mix until they’re combined, light and fluffy using a handheld electric mixer. Pour in the vanilla and continue to mix.
Step 2: Add baking powder and flour to the mixture. Blend them together until well incorporated with the mixer on low speed.
Step 3: Knead the dough and turn it into a ball. Use a plastic wrapper to cover it up and refrigerate for approximately 30 minutes.
Step 4: Preheat your oven to 350°F.
Step 5: Transfer the dough onto a surface that is lightly covered with flour. Roll out the dough and use the snowman cookie cutter to cut the cookies. Arrange each of the snowman cookies on a cookie baking tray.
Step 6: Bake the cookies in the oven for approximately 10 to 12 minutes. Then remove the cookie sheet from the oven to cool down. Now you’re halfway through the Starbucks Snowman Cookie recipe!
Starbucks Snowman Cookie icing recipe
- Confectioners’ sugar (4 c)
- Vanilla extract (1 tsp)
- Pasteurized egg whites (3 ounces)
- Dark chocolate wafers (16 oz)
- A touch of edible gold dusting powder (for garnishing)
Step 1: Add the dark chocolate wafers to a bowl and microwave it to melt the chocolate. Pour the melted chocolate in a Ziploc bag and seal it carefully.
Step 2: Prepare a cookie baking tray and place a mold on it. Then pour the melted chocolate into the mold. Transfer them to the fridge for about 5 – 7 minutes until they’re formed into shapes and can be removed from the molds easily. Repeat the same step to make 24 – 30 chocolate toppers for the cookies.
Step 3: Squeeze the remaining chocolate in a small bowl.
Step 4: In a separate bowl, beat the vanilla and egg whites until they become frothy. Gradually pour in sugar to the mixture and blend until everything is combined with the mixer on low speed. Change to high speed and beat mix for about 7 – 8 more minutes until the icing makes glossy peaks.
Step 5: Fill a piping bag with the icing. Leave a little icing to dye them with food colorings. Separate the icing into three different bowls and dye them red, yellow and black.
Now that your snowman cookies are already baked and fragrant and the frosting is made. Let’s jump to the final step which is assembling the cookies.
Step 1: Transfer the bowl that contains the remaining chocolate to the microwave and reheat it. This will be used as a binding so that the chocolate toppers can be glued to the cookies.
Step 2: Spread the melted chocolate on a chocolate topper. Then carefully place the topper on the snowman cookie.
Step 3: Frost the cookies with the royal icing you just made. Add black icing to make the hat of the snowman, the red icing for the scarf and the yellow icing for the nose. Brush the gold dusting powder on top of every chocolate piece to make them more appealing.
Step 4: Allow the cookies to rest before serving.
Starbucks frosted Snowman Cookie recipe tips and tricks
- You can always choose to roll out the cookie dough before putting it in the fridge. Because the chilled dough tends to harden, making it difficult to roll out.
- If your cookie dough is big, cut it in half so you can roll out more easily.
- Chilling the cookie dough is necessary so that the shape of the cookies can be maintained while baking.
- The dough needs to be rolled out until ít thickness is reduced to about 1/4 inch.
- Choose whatever surface you want to roll out the dough. However, silicone baking mat is most recommended.
- If you don’t want to add raw fresh eggs, substitute it with meringue powder.
- Use the basic piping tips, including thin and wider ones. Thinner tips will help you to make small details while wide tips allow you to work faster on big designs.
Not everyone is confident about their decorating skills when it comes to putting royal icing on cookies. If it’s the first time you make this Starbucks Snowman Cookie recipe, then don’t set your expectations too high. Don’t try to create a sophisticated design, instead make it as simple as possible. However, don’t be too intimidated! Put a little effort into the project and start making some cookies following Bourbon O’s recipe.