Jimmy Johns Bread ingredients are typically everything you can find in your kitchen pantry. From the all-purpose flour to white sugar, salt, bread flour… Jimmy John’s bread recipe is the excellent choice for everyone who wants to enjoy a tasty yet healthy treat. This article is here to guide you on how to make the perfect Jimmy John’s bread at home!
Table of Contents
Jimmy Johns Bread ingredients
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water (plus 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 tablespoons white sugar (plus 1 tablespoon)
- All-purpose flour is usually used to mix with the bread batter if you don’t have bread flour available. However, bread flour is preferred when you’re trying to make an elastic, chewy bread full of protein. In this recipe, we use both kinds of flour to balance out the texture.
- You don’t have to look for Jimmy John’s bread ingredients milk. Because Jimmy John’s allergen information has stated very clearly that this bread is mayo based. It’s not made of any dairy product or egg.
Jimmy Johns Bread recipe
Step 1: Mix together 1 tablespoon white sugar and yeast in a bowl. Then pour in lukewarm water and continue to blend the Jimmy Johns Bread ingredients using a handheld electric mixer. Let the mixture rest for about 5 minutes.
Step 2: Add all-purpose flour, salt, lukewarm water, bread flour, oil and the remaining white sugar. Mix until the mixture is combined and mushy.
Step 3: Set the bread batter aside for approximately one hour.
Step 4: After 1 hour, divide the bread dough into 12 medium-size pieces. Make rolls out of the dough. Prepare a baking tray and spread oil on its surface. Lay the dough rolls on the greased baking sheet.
Step 5: Make 3 – 4 cuts on top of the dough rolls using a sharp knife. Let the rolls rest for approximately 15 minutes so that they can rise.
Step 6: Transfer the baking tray with the dough rolls to a 400-degree oven. Bake until the bread swells and turns to brown (for about 18 minutes).
Step 7: Cut in the center of a bread roll to see if it’s completely baked through. Pull the baking tray out of the oven and let the rolls cool down.
What can you serve Jimmy John’s Bread with?
There are many fantastic ideas for you to get creative and make wonderful dishes out of Jimmy John’s Bread. Other than eating Jimmy John’s Bread as sandwiches, you can find out other uses for this type of bread below:
- Make a strata by cutting the bread into small cubes, then add whatever food you like in a casserole dish. Then add egg or cream mixture on top and bake it in the oven.
- If you find some leftover salami in the fridge, then make a wonderful Tuscan style salad with your Jimmy John’s bread cut into cubes.
- French bread pizza is also an excellent choice that you don’t want to miss for a pizza party. All you need to prepare is some cheese, sauce and a couple of Jimmy John’s Bread loaves.
- The French breads from Jimmy John’s are also perfect to make a quick sandwich with some slices of bacon, cucumber, tomato and freshly sliced lettuce.
Most asked questions about Jimmy John’s Bread
What is Jimmy John’s bread?
Jimmy John’s is a famous American sandwich chain created in 1983 by Jimmy John Liautaud. This sandwich chain boasts of many well known dishes, among which is the classic French bread. The bread always makes an explosion of flavors in your mouth as it’s super delicious, fresh and fluffy.
Does Jimmy John’s make their own bread?
Yes, Jimmy John’s makes the bread fresh everyday. They also offer fresh bread delivery to the customers.
Should I eat Jimmy John’s for weight loss?
The answer is a big yes. Jimmy John’s French bread is the most recommended bread recipe for those who are looking for weight loss. The recipe makes use of bread flour, which is a rich source of protein. It also helps you to stay fit and healthy.
The French bread also contains a high amount of fiber, contributing to improved slow digestion. Eating bread will fill your stomach, reducing the need to consume more food. That’s why it’s perfect for losing weight.
How many calories does Jimmy Johns Bread have?
Different types of Jimmy John’s bread contain different amount of calories:
- Sub sandwich bread has 250 calories
- Slim sandwich bread has 345 calories
- Club sandwich bread has 345 calories
- Seven-grain wheat bread has 346 calories
Above you can find all the Jimmy Johns Bread ingredients and the step by step instructions to make this tasty French bread. It’s not over exaggerated to say that this recipe is the easiest bread recipe of all time. Jimmy John’s French bread will surely please your loved ones. Let’s get started and make your own version of Jimmy John’s bread and let Bourbon O know your cooking results!