A chocolate cake with hazelnuts is a delicious treat that can be enjoyed by everyone! Hazelnuts, chocolate, and butter make this chocolate cake recipe irresistible. Have you ever tried making chocolate cakes with hazelnuts? If not, then now is the perfect time to try it out and see how easy it really is.
Therefore, this chocolate cake recipe has been designed for those who love cooking as well as those who don’t. It doesn’t require any special equipment or ingredients; only the most basic of kitchen essentials are needed to prepare this dish! With such an easy-to-follow recipe, there’s no excuse not to give chocolate cakes with hazelnuts a try today!
Table of Contents
- What is a Chocolate Cake with Hazelnuts?
- How to make a Hazelnut Chocolate Cake
- Why try the Hazelnut Chocolate Cake recipe
- Other recipes you might be interested in trying
What is a Chocolate Cake with Hazelnuts?
A hazelnut chocolate cake is similar to an Italian tradition of making flourless cakes, calling for two fist-sized balls of dough which are molded together in the shape of a ring placed on top of a pan filled with hot fruit jam. Then the whole thing is covered in whipped cream and sprinkled with powdered sugar before being served.
How to make a Hazelnut Chocolate Cake
– 2 cups sugar
– 1 cup vegetable oil
– 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
– 2 tsp. baking soda
– 1 tsp. salt
– 1/2 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened and sifted (1st sifting)
– 2 large eggs at room temperature (separate the yolks from the whites)
– 4 tbsp. red wine vinegar, straight out of the bottle (2nd sifting)
– 6 tbsp. boiling water (3rd sifting)
Preparation method for this hazelnut chocolate cake recipe:
1. First, combine sugar and vegetable oil in a bowl;
2. Prepare three bowls; Dry ingredients go in one bowl, wet ingredients go in the second bowl and the egg yolks go in the third bowl.
3. Sift the first sift of dry ingredients into the first bowl;
4. Beat for five minutes on high speed or until creamy looking, pale yellow shade appears;
5. Use saucepan filled one-third with water to heat up on stovetop while mixing together wet ingredients (ie. boiling water, red wine vinegar);
6. Beat second sift of dry ingredients into the second bowl;
7. Add beaten egg yolks to this mixture while continuing to beat again briefly on high speed for about two minutes
8. Pour half cup prepared boiled water into a measuring cup
9. Ensure that the measured amount is six tbsp.;
10. Stir into the wet ingredients
11. Next, mix in the dry ingredients;
12. Beat on high speed for one minute;
13. Beat the third sift of dry ingredients into the second bowl on low speed
14. Add beaten egg whites to this mixture while continuing to beat on high speed for about three minutes or until creamy-looking pale yellow shade appears (this step ensures that cake rises and becomes fluffy);
15. After that, pour prepared hot water from the saucepan into a measuring cup
16. Ensure that the measured amount is six tbsp
17. Stir into the wet ingredients
18. Sift cocoa powder over the top of the mixing bowl without stirring it in, then stir with a flat blade (to avoid lumps)
19. Pour chocolate cake batter evenly between two round cake pans
20. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes at 160°Celsius/320° Fahrenheit or until the toothpick inserted into the center of each cake comes out clean;
21. Finally, refrigerate overnight after preparing the hazelnut chocolate cakes with this recipe.
Why try the Hazelnut Chocolate Cake recipe
For those who love a flavorful and sweet chocolate cake, this particular recipe here is a wonderful choice that might even be better than using other recipes as it has an additional hazelnut flavor to go with its chocolaty taste. This treat would surely satisfy anyone’s cravings for something rich and filling without requiring too many ingredients or too much time in preparing such a delicious delicacy.
For more delicious recipes to take your cooking skills to the next level, visit our Food Blog.
Other recipes you might be interested in trying
Instead of having the Italian version, one can also try other versions like Nutella cake or chocolate hazelnut loaves for an even sweeter treat.
Chocolate hazelnut loaves – Recipe for making this cake
3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
3 large eggs, separated into whites and yolks (save the egg whites from the previous step in a clean bowl)
1 tsp vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean scraped of its seeds (optional) (whole vanilla bean can be used)
Buy cake ingredients:
1 cup hazelnuts, skinned
3 tbsp sugar
6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (the darker the better)
1. Firstly, preheat the oven to 375F degrees and grease an 8″ x 4″ loaf pan with butter or cooking spray.
2. Secondly, mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl (flour, sugar, salt, baking powder). Add in softened butter and mix until it becomes crumbly. Beat egg yolks with vanilla extract in a small bowl then add this into the larger one containing the flour mixture. Then, combine them well using a hand mixer for about 3 minutes on low speed then scrape down the sides of the bowl and add in the egg whites, and beat again for another 3 minutes. Add in chopped hazelnuts and continue mixing for another minute or two (or fold in manually).
3. Next, pour into prepared pan and spread evenly then bake in the oven for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean when tested. Cool completely before removing from pan.
4. Lastly, melt the chocolate bar over a double boiler, stirring occasionally. Spread melted chocolate on top of cooled cake and sprinkle more chopped hazelnuts on top before serving.
*Also, this recipe is also good with an additional 1 tsp vanilla extract added to it but I’m not sure if this amounts too much so feel free to experiment with it*
That’s it for today’s post on chocolate cakes with hazelnuts! If you’re feeling adventurous, why not give this recipe a go? It’s definitely worth trying if you’re looking for something new and delicious to make for dessert. If you’re not convinced, don’t worry! I’ll be posting another chocolate cake recipe on Bourbon O that uses chocolate chips instead of chocolate and hazelnuts – so stay tuned to find out more!